Hello, I’m Jennifer – Mother’s Little Helper!
Update – March 1, 2022
As of March 2022, I am no longer taking new clients.
After more than 20 years indirectly helping others through my work in a hospital laboratory, I realized that I wanted to be less “behind-the-scenes” and in a more direct role with those I served, seeing the positive effects of my work. To do so, I decided to follow my dream of caring for new families, having thoroughly enjoyed each time that I acted as the “unofficial” postpartum doula for several family members, witnessing firsthand the confidence building and practical benefits a doula can provide. I am a certified postpartum doula by DONA and ProDoula.
I believe everyone deserves to be cared for after bringing home a new baby, whether it is a traditional, non-traditional, or adoptive family. It is my privilege to help guide you through those first weeks at home, with service tailored to each family’s specific needs and requirements.
When I am not working, I enjoy baking, running, and knitting (though not necessarily in that order!), and spending time with my husband, two sons, and pet corgi at our home in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- Certified Postpartum Doula through DONA International
- Certified Postpartum Doula (ProDoula)
- Red Cross Adult/Pediatric/Infant CPR certified
- Certified Lactation Counselor
- BS in Biology from University of the Sciences – Philadelphia, PA
- 20+ years as ASCP certified Medical Technologist
- 3 years as MCPS elementary school substitute teacher and para-educator
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19
- Limiting myself to working with just a limited number of families and only ones who are following all of the CDC guidelines
- Wearing a mask at all times while in your home
- Continuing to practice social distancing and avoid unnecessary exposure to others outside my immediate family and clients